DETENTION AND COURT MONITORING PROGRAMME.
Detention and Court Monitoring Project.
- Monitor Prisons and Police cells and other places of detention nation wide.
- Investigate and document torture and monitor other forms of Human Rights Violations and Abuse in Prison, polices cells and detention centers.
- Monitor the detention condition, admission and court attendance of all persons deprived of their liberty and in conflict with the law.
- Setup and maintain a computerized data base of all prison inmates
- Link prisoners/detainees detained without the knowledge of their relatives.
- Monitor the welfare of prisoners/detainees and initiate means to improve their living conditions.
- Monitor court sitting of magistrates, Judges and Justices of Peace and local courts.
- Monitoring court attendance of all prisoners.